Richmond Ansong Boateng
District Accountant, Sefwi Akontombra District
The Finance Department leads in the management and use of financial resources to achieve value for money.
The Finance Department advices management on the Financial Administration Act, Internal Audit Agency Act, Procurement Act, and any other financial regulations approved by the Government and by doing so ensures the maintenance of proper of accounts.
It directs and controls financial management in line with public sector accounting principles thereby safeguarding of the Assembly’s assets
The Finance Department is responsible for the sound financial management of the District Assembly’s resources.
The Finance Department shall:
- Ensure access at all reasonable times to files, documents and other records of the District Assembly;
- Keep, render and publish statements on Public Accounts;
- Keep receipts and custody of all public and trust monies payable into the Consolidated Fund.
- Facilitate the disbursement of legitimate and authorized funds.
- Prepare financial reports at specific periods for the Assembly.
- Prepare payment vouchers and financial encumbrances.
- Undertake revenue mobilization activities of the Assembly, and
- Make provision for financial services to all departments in the District.